Wills, Estates & Probate Lawyer in Etobicoke
You can choose to write your will yourself, but an improperly drawn will can burden your beneficiaries with the time and cost of litigation. Even worse, someone other than your intended beneficiaries could end up with your assets. In comparison, the reasonable fee for our wills and estate lawyer in Etobicoke is well spent for your peace of mind now and security for your estate after your death.
With 40 years in practice, Martin Goose & Associates offers you the benefits of having a wills and estate lawyer, including:
- Guidance through the process for your particular assets and beneficiaries
- Assurance that your will complies with Ontario estate law
- Ensuring your wishes are clearly stated and carried out precisely
Wills & Estates
Our wills and estates lawyer in Etobicoke will help you consider all aspects of making plans for your well-being as well as your family’s. Our services help you plan for events when you are not able to manage your own affairs.
- Wills – Creating and planning a will is the best way to protect your wishes and your family’s interests. A will can name a guardian, distribute assets, and guide your family in following your wishes. We’ll help you plan your will and then create one that follows your wishes.
- Living Wills, Medical Directives & Power of Attorney – Drafting the right legal documents can take the burden off your family in the event you are unable to make decisions for yourself. From medical decisions to overseeing your personal finances, drafting the right document is essential to protecting your interests.
- Estate Administration – Handling estate issues such as assets, debts and distribution to relatives can be complicated and may involve the courts. We will gladly take over your estate administration and work to resolve outstanding issues efficiently and quickly.
- Appointing Trustees – Overseeing an estate or trust carries a lot of responsibility. We’ll gladly explain what is involved and help you choose someone you think is best suited for the duties. We’ll also gladly guide your trustee through required duties and be available as needed.
Your Will and Probate
Martin Goose & Associates will also assist the executor of your estate in the probate process and Ontario’s new filing rules, which legally confirm an executor’s authority to distribute your assets after your death. Having a will not only ensures your final wishes are clearly laid out, but can also name an executor you trust to follow those final directives.
No will is simple, but our wills and estate lawyer in Etobicoke can help you plan for the transfer of ownership of property, while focusing on reducing taxes and costs for your beneficiaries. Consult with us in making your will about probate matters and related taxes such as:
- Personal property and real estate
- Bank accounts
- Life insurance, registered plans and stock
- Jointly owned property